Monday, September 10, 2012

Progress

I am not horrible with computers but I would definitely not say I am the most computer savvy. I do feel as though I've learned a lot about InDesign and Illustrator this week, which were foreign programs to me as of two weeks ago. I like that time we have to do assignments in class, it's very helpful to have people around to answer all my questions! Honestly, I went into this class intimidated and not terribly excited because of the class being so computer based. I'm enjoying the class more and more.

2 comments:

  1. I had to smile when I read your first sentence because I am the exact same way! The first day I was pretty nervous about this course considering I am not a pro with the computer, especially with design programs. The programs we are working with were also completely new to me, but everyone in the class seems to be willing to help one another. Amy is extremely helpful throughout class and spends time with each student individually, which is definitely nice. I was worried I would fall behind in class or not get things as quickly as the other students who are more familiar with the programs. Thankfully Amy makes sure everyone is exactly where they should be and answers all questions or concerns. Like you said, its great to be able to have class time to work on the exercises and projects. That was another concern of mine going into the class because I do not have a Mac computer. I am enjoying the class more and more as well. It is exciting to start a new project and remember things we were taught in previous classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that bad once you learn how to use the programs. I mentioned during our first critique that I had to learn the program last minute, and I feel my project suffered because of that. Now that I'm actually confident in what I'm doing, I know my projects will have better results. MAC's are foreign to me so I have to constantly try and learn their features/shortcuts.

    ReplyDelete