Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday Peter Max!

Peter Max just turned 75 last week, October 19. Soo I'm slightly late… typical for me.
If you are unfamiliar he is an illustrator and graphic artist. His typical style is vibrant, bold color along with smooth fluid shapes.
His works touched so many phases of American culture. I admire his ability to inspire so many different generations.

He is very well known for his "Liberty Head"   —>

He was always so well synced with the times, he tapped in the 60's and designed the clocks below for General Electric. These clocks are another piece he is well known for doing.

Our first initials project we looked at design and
discussed what certain design choices could be implying.
Peter Max designs imply livelihood, energy and excitement.
Happy Birthday to an amazing artist.


1 comment:

  1. I found this post very interesting, and loved the images that you decided to use! I love the color that he uses, and actually really find the liberty head piece interesting. I find everything that he has done very intriguing, and also sparking my creative thoughts. I love his use of color with images, in a complimentary way rather than overwhelming. The clocks are also very cool, especially since at first I didnt even realize that they were clocks! The bold strokes that he uses as well, also add to the impact of the images that he creates.

    ReplyDelete