Tuesday, December 11, 2012

If I look at this any longer..Ill put my head through the screen

This semester, this course, I've spent so much time staring into a screen. There comes a point I'm so close to putting my head straight through the computer screen, that I just have to walk away. I'm sure by this point, end of the semester, we have all experienced this.
Just finished up my brochure, the critique is in about two hours and I am so thankful to have to done. On to the next…. more work to be done. By the end of CEP week I will run myself into the ground, that sure of it. 
My brochure focused on Parkside Community Association's (PCA) Welcome Program. PCA is the same organization I used for my COM 308W portfolio, so I had a lot of background and information from this organization already. Having spent so much time dealing with this same organization, you would think would be helpful. However, at times I found myself at a creative block with stale information I have seen and dealt with for months. 
By the end of this course I am starting to really find my inner graphic designer, I'm finding my own style. I found myself referring back to the Type on a Grid exercise for one section of my brochure when I was lost on how to organize the page. That was exceedingly helpful. All the things we have been exposed to from the movies, to the exercises, to links post on blog have really stuck with me. I am now a conscious viewer of the designs, posters, advertisements, etc. around me. Although we are not design majors, I think this course was very beneficial. It, at times, was tedious but the nonverbal messages in the world are just as important than the things we as communication majors say or write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment